Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Dreams Alive!

When I sat down on Tuesday 17 November 2009 to write the first email for King's Daughters I had no idea of the magnitude of the seemingly small action I was taking. Today I am amazed at the events that have taken place since that day when i decided to act on the dream that I had carried in my heart for years, dormantly, without action. Beginning with ONE email, the dream is taking form and growing everday!

Last week our young adults pastor shared on 2 Corinthians 8 vs 10 - 11 "And in this I give advice: It is to your advantage not only to be doing what you began and were desiring to do a year ago; but now you also must complete the doing of it; that as there was a readiness to desire it, so there may be a completion out of what you have." This scripture stirred me to take the first step of action!

What God-given dreams have you been carrying that you are yet to start acting upon? As we set aside this Tuesday 24 November 2009 to fast and pray for the will of God concerning our lives, my prayer is that God will begin to bring to your remembrance the dreams and visions that He has deposited in your spirit and that you may be stirred up to begin to take action this week, no matter how small the step.

I am currently reading a book by Pastor Evan Mawarire "DREAM BIG" (one of the best books I have encountered this year!) and the first chapter begins with this quote "Nothing much happens without a dream. For something great to happen, it takes a really great dream" - Robert Greenleaf.

Prayer: Heavenly father I thank you that as we seek you in prayer, You are depositing GREAT dreams in our hearts for us to do GREAT things for your glory. And that with the dreams comes the desire and grace to accomplish that which you show us. In Jesus name. Amen

We are looking forward to reading the testimonies of the action you have begun to take or are taking concerning the dreams God has placed on your heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment